Monday 15 September 2014

Day 5- Coping

Today has been extremely stressful. But I've coped.

Prepare for the whinge/rant that's about to commence...

I struggled to wake up this morning but allowed myself a very indulgent lie-in until 10am, a whole 12 hours of bed! When I did get up I noticed a pain in my lower back to the left and started to panic. I occasionally get kidney infections which are mighty painful and leave me heading for the nearest Dr. Last time it turned out to be a kidney stone which was a lot more painful and included projectile vomiting in an ambulance as it transferred me to a different hospital and staying on a ward for a couple of days. The pain was slightly higher than I'd expect so I started praying that it was just a muscle pain.

I sorted myself out for work, had a shake and packed my overnight bag (my job involves sleeping in one night a week) and sorted out my foodpacks for the next day.

By the time I got to work I was feeling a bit shaky from the muscle relaxant I had taken but also relieved because it clearly wasn't a kidney problem as I would of been at the hospital by then if it was.

Work started off lovely then I had about 2 hours worth of abuse partly directed at me being overweight. My work is confidential so I can't talk about it here but part of it involves managing challenging behaviour and we do frequently get abuse.

Normally I don't get stressed with it but today it really bothered me, especially the bits directed at my being overweight. That happens a lot but it was focused on more today. I'm not sure why they did that. I missed lunchtime due to managing this and maybe being hungry made me feel more vulnerable. I don't know.

What I do know is that I managed to eat all my packs at work without it being an issue, I drank loads of water and didn't scoff any of the curry and chocolate that was at work, and I'm going to spend some time before bed listening to music and feeling happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment