Thursday 11 September 2014

Day 1- A bit of a bumpy start

Well, I've survived day 1!


I woke up at 6am for work but couldn't face breakfast so early. I also had a pounding headache possibly caused by the amount of rubbish food I ate yesterday. I decided to start with the water and work my way up to breakfast.


At work I was feeling pretty rough from the headache but I made my first foodpack, porridge. I didn't put much water in at all, completely ignoring the instructions as I've been advised to do so, and I have to admit I was quite impressed with the results. The porridge tasted creamy, which I wasn't expecting, and although I wouldn't call it delicious, it wasn't bad.


Unfortunately the headache got worse and I ended up vomiting. I got sent home from work and took a nap which made me feel loads better. So not the best start but at least the vomiting wasn't due to the foodpack.


After I woke up it was about 3pm so I tried a spag bol foodpack. I was pleasantly surprised. It looked and smelled vile but tasted like a typical ready meal version of Spaghetti Bolognese. Now I make a pretty decent homemade version and it was obviously not going to be anything like that, but it wasn't half bad.


I went to my group at 6pm but there was only one other person there, which was disappointing, and that person has finished their foundation course and is starting management so we are at totally different places. My official start weight is 17 stone 12 which is roughly what my scales at home tell me too. We talked about thoughts and feelings that happen before and after we overeat which was interesting and something I'm going to spend this week mulling over. I have the next 2 days off work so I'm planning on generally taking things easy, looking after myself and reading some of the workbook I was given tonight.


When I got home I was pretty ravenous so mixed two Shepherd's Pie foodpacks together. It was OK, not as good as the spag bol, but edible. The Mister tasted it in an effort to be supportive and acknowledged that it was edible and very like camp food he'd had as a kid. Here's hoping I'm a happy camper for the next 99 days!


Time for some milk-less tea and bed methinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment