Friday 26 September 2014

Day 16- Feeling Good

I'm in a cheerful kind of mood tonight. It's been a very good day. I've been on training again today, and as anyone who follows me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/lighterlifeme) will know already, there's been cakes and doughnuts galore available to munch on. What is it about training that they feel they need to feed you all up? Maybe they just want to make sure everyone stays awake with a sugar rush.

After training I walked into town and did a little shopping. One of my goals is to complete the 100 days of foundation so I'm treating myself every week. The Mister is giving me a Pandora charm for my bracelet for every stone I lose but I'm rewarding myself for just sticking to the plan regardless of weight loss. I'd decided to get some Benefit moisturiser as I ran out ages ago. I have expensive taste in make-up and beauty products but I have to admit, I don't take care of myself as much as I probably should. (Wait, let's re-phrase that...) I don't take care of myself as much as I deserve but that is changing. John Lewis were having a 20% off sale which I wasn't aware of so I got some toner as well. The plan is to start doing a morning and evening skin care routine.

I then had a couple of hours to kill as the Mister works in town and I was waiting for him to pick me up. I decided to sit in a café and take a look at the Lighterlife magazine I picked up at yesterday's meeting. Last time I sat in this café I had peppermint tea which was OK but I have to admit, I'm sorely missing a decent cup of tea, and black tea just doesn't taste right. I'm not much of a coffee drinker normally and I like it very milky or creamy usually but I ordered a weak black coffee and was really surprised to have enjoyed it so much. I guess it's true what they say about your tastes changing on this plan.

I have to say how impressed I was with the Lighterlife magazine. There were loads of interesting articles and the success stories were really motivational. It was great having some "me time" with such a great read. Then I discovered there's a Lighterlife YouTube channel! It was pretty cool to see videos of the photoshoots from the magazines. It made me want my own photoshoot! I'm going to get to goal and apply for it :-)

Another thing that has been great about today is the support from social media. There are loads of people on Twitter doing Lighterlife, I even got to speak to the person on the cover of the magazine I was reading today, which gave me a buzz. It's also good to swap emails with people in the same boat who know what you're going through.

So, I'm feeling uber positive and motivated today- long may it continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment