Thursday 23 October 2014

Day 43- 6th Weigh In

I'm feeling very happy and pleased with myself. It's been a very good day.

I had my personal training session again this morning. I've accepted the fact that I feel like I'm dying for the entire hour every time but I do really enjoy it, especially the boxing. My trainer mixed it up a bit today and we did some weight training. Haha well, I tried! He took me to the weights section in the gym which I've never set foot in and told me we were going to try some weight-lifting as apparently it's great for fat burning. So I lay down on the bench and wait for him to put some weights on the bar. Then he tells me that we are just going to start with the bar without any weights on it. Easy peasy, I think. First problem hit when I extended my arms and tried to take the bar off the resting point. My arms are not long enough to extend farther than that so the resting point had to be lowered! Then I couldn't hold the weight of the bar. Turns out the bar weights 20kg all by itself. I was not happy at this point and felt really pathetic. With a lot of encouragement I did some lifting but I swear I really have no upper body strength. Because he's a little bit sadistic, my trainer then decided he wanted me to do standing up lifts, which I really struggled to do. My upper arms felt like jelly by the end.

We did some more boxing and I really need to start doing this in the week between sessions as it's so much fun. I've been a bit slack on the gym front for the past couple of weeks and only been going once a week. I'm determined to get some time in at the weekend though. My trainer is off on his holidays next week so I'm trainer-less for the week. I'm moving next Thursday anyway so it's good timing really. I'm going to have to be organised and plan when I'm going to the gym to keep it up on my own, and then he's back the week after.

Armed with a black coffee I did my Lighterlife homework which we'd been told not to do as the counsellor wanted to do it in the session. I find it really helpful to come up with things on my own and then have a different take on it in class though. This week is all about mastery. I've achieved a few things in my life that I'm proud of. I work really hard at my relationship and am pleased to report I have a very happy marriage, and I'm much less of a bitch than I used to be. I'm much more in control of my emotions and I've worked hard at that in the past few years.

I'm really happy with how I'm doing at Lighterlife. I genuinely have abstained from food for 43 days, I'm going to the gym, I'm eating my food packs and working on my personal development, I attend the meetings and don't just pick up my packs and go. I'm making an effort with my hair and make-up, wearing nice clothes and accessories, and using beauty products.

In the group we looked at what tools you need to achieve your goals and gain mastery over different areas of your life. It's actually made me think about my career and although I love my job, I don't want to be there in 5 years time. Ideally I'd use my immense determination and stubbornness, and creativity and people skills, to run my own business from home. It's something I'm going to look at properly when I've finished this programme. Right now I need all of my determination and focus to do Lighterlife.

So, my results! It's my small loss week so I was expecting a low number but really hoping I'd get to the 2 stone loss mark. I've lost 2.5 pounds this week bringing my total to 2 stone and half a pound in 6 weeks! That will do me nicely thank you very much. My wonderful husband is buying me a Pandora charm for each stone lost so I'll hopefully have 8 or 9 dangly topaz charms by the time I'm finished.

I picked up more of the new pea and ham soup flavour food packs this week. They are definitely at the top of my list at the moment. Probably something to do with living off the spag bol ones for the last few weeks. My top food packs list goes something like this at the moment:

1. Pea and Ham soup
2. Spaghetti Bolognese
3. Toffee Bar (tastes a little like a toffee crisp)
4. Nut Fudge Bar (tastes a little like a snickers)
5. Porridge

There were different people at the group this week as they normally attend the Monday group but switched for one week out of convenience. They were really nice and I'm not going to say much about them as the groups are confidential. One thing I do want to mention is that people have different approaches to Lighterlife but there's no way I would pay to do this diet and lapse repeatedly. I don't see the point and it must make it so much harder. I'm not sure I could keep on week after week if I was not abstaining completely.

So, I picked my husband up from work in my new dress (he loves me wearing dresses) with my hair curly and my make-up done, feeling pretty damn good and informed him of the news. He whisked me away to pick up the charm. When the sales assistant asked what the occasion was, I said "because I deserve it" and oh how right was I. I'm so happy I've lost 2 stone.

We had dinner in one of the restaurants and I loved it. The mister had a lasagne which apparently was really nice but obviously not as good as my homemade one, and I had a black coffee which I enjoyed. I just can't make them right at home so having one out feels like a real treat. My husband got all gooey and romantic about how pretty and girly I looked, and we had a lovely night.

Hurrah for Lighterlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment