Wednesday 22 October 2014

Day 42- Dresses and Mars Bars

My Nan took me shopping to buy some jeans as I'm getting a bit desperate for new ones. I only have one pair that actually fits me now, and I pretty much live in jeans. Unfortunately Evans in the retail park we went to didn't have any blue jeans in size 18 short length. They did have a black pair but you may as well take advantage of the buy 1 get 1 half price offer so we decided to leave it. Instead, my Nan bought me a size 14 dress from Dorothy Perkins!!!

OK OK so I'm not actually a size 14! It's stretchy and just about wearable. This means it should last a good couple of months and it's pretty enough to wear to the few nights out I have planned in the next month or so. (I'm going to see Ed Sheeran in concert next week and we have VIP tickets!). It's a lovely mix of autumn type colours and best of all, the hemline is just above my knee which is really hard to find as I'm a pint-sized person at 5 foot 2 inches.

I drove back to Sheffield tonight. On the way I popped into a petrol station to pay for fuel and was immediately drawn to the enormous Mars Bars. It's funny but I remember Mars Bars being a lot smaller when I was a kid, more like the fun sized ones you can get now. The ones in the petrol station were about twice the size. I have to admit, I wanted it. In previous times I would scoff and scoff on the way home to Sheffield because it's a boring drive and usually I am feeling stressed after being around my family. And when I say scoff, I do mean to the point of being nauseous by the time the 2 hour drive was over. I feel quite sad about that now.

Needless to say, I indulged in a moment of "mmm, Mars Bar" and moved on. I think that mental pull towards stuff I don't need and don't even really like to eat will always be there. I'm always going to have to be mindful of my food choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment