Thursday 9 October 2014

Day 29- 4th Weigh In

Hmmm. Weigh in again tonight and another 2 pounds lost. So far it's been 9, 2, 7, 2 in the weight loss department. A bit of a pattern emerging I think. Still, that makes 20 pounds altogether so I'm happy. We chatted about perceptions tonight in class, how people look at you when you are large, how you look at yourself when you're large or have lost all the weight, and what you think everyone else is thinking about you when really they're just worried about what you are thinking about them! We've been given new module booklets too so I'm looking forward to doing my next homework.


I had my second personal training session today too. It was so much fun. We did some more resistance training. I'm still feeling like I have a bit of a cold so I just took it easy and had lots of rest in between the harder stuff. Then we did some boxing which I loved. The trainer is some kind of kickboxing champion (how cool is that?) and he took me through some different punches. Apparently I have good right and left hooks! He's very positive and complimentary, which I suppose is part of his job, but it certainly works. He's advised I pick up some cheap boxing gloves so I can practice in the gym on my own in between our sessions.

The mister and I had a bit of a chat about how much money I'm spending at the moment. Lighterlife, gym membership and personal training all add up, not to mention the money I'm spending on rewards and distractions. My husband is very supportive about what I'm doing, which I'm so thankful for. I feel like this is the right time for me, like everything is just working in a way it never has before. Now is the time to sort my weight out- something I've never actually done before. I've always given up. Right now I feel like I'm on a train that is gathering speed and if I can just stay aboard then I'll get where I'm going. I know it's silly to spend lots of money on clothes that won't fit me in a few weeks but if it makes me feel good about myself and what I'm doing, then it's worth it. With that in mind, we went shopping!

Since becoming an adult, I've had a thing about sexy lingerie. When I was younger, my Nan bought me minimiser bras in plain black and white to help me control and hide my large bust. It wasn't until I was about 20 years old that I realised this was entirely the wrong thing to be doing and opened my eyes to how useful and attractive a large bust can be. One of the (few) perks of being larger is the extra curve in that department and since realising that, I like to accentuate it as much as possible. So over the years I've always worn really nice stuff even as everyday wear. I'm normally a 40F in the bra department, and to be honest, I'm quite nervous about losing weight in that area as being curvy is very important to my sense of attractiveness. My husband is also a little anxious about it, if truth be told! He's a little bit disturbed that my bras don't fit and I'm now a 38E. To cheer him up (well, that's my excuse!) we went shopping for some new underwear that fits in Boux Avenue. I adore this shop as it has an adult elegant style and always smells wonderful. We bought 3 sets of underwear in colours that suit me and the room diffuser in the white chiffon fragrance for our bedroom. I love the way they wrap your purchases up in a box with fragranced petals and wrapping paper. It makes you feel special when you get your lingerie home and unwrap it.

No comments:

Post a Comment